I am trying to understand logic and I came across a set of actions that I describe below that I can't get my head around.
Suppose you have a bag of multiple colored balls. Situation 1. Argument: There are no red balls in the bag. Action: Pick up balls at random until you find a red one. Situation 2. Action: Pickup a random ball from the bag. Argument: All the balls in the bag are of same color as the ball you picked up.
I have some questions.
- What is the correct conclusion in each situation?
- Are these situation logic related?
- Can one be converted to another?
- Which is correct and which is flawed?
- What are the names for the logic contained in these situations?