I was reading the wiki on The Semantic TriangleWikipedia, but it is not as good, so I have few doubts:
- As I read on many places an example for the vertices could be (I may have written incorrectly):
- Thought: insect, 2 wings, 6 legs
- Symbol: Fly /flʌɪ/
- Referent: Real world object, fly
- Now the relation between symbol and thought should be correct, we can't use the wrong word.
- the bottom line is dotted since there is no fixed relation, e.g. Dog can be related to bow-wow or vow-vow in English or German. Thus we need to go through the Thought as an intermediate.
I'm not entirely clear with the rest of it so, Now I have few questions:
- What does Adequate and True refer to?
- What is the difference between casual and imputed relation?
- The terms: CORRECT, TRUE, ADEQAUTE. Which property of the relationship are these? P.S. someone add a semantic-triangle or semiotic-triangle tag.