Suppose a universe absolutely identical to ours. Suppose then a Earth-like world inhabited by zombie-like creaures (they can be depicted as conceived by Chalmers), but having a one-minute-long “flash” of consciousness. So, each day and for one minute they are absolutely conscious of all the things of the universe. For the the rest of the day they behave like us but conceivably not be conscious of nothing they do (they (in zombie modality as in conscious modality) eat, sleep, work, read, run, etc.). To be more clear: they are consciuos from 12.00 to 12.01 then zombified from 12.01 to 12.02 of the day after then conscious from 12.02 to 12.03 etc. Suppose now that they perceive the one-minute after one minute consciousness as a continue flows of sketch:
1) Can they manage a kind of cause-effect mechanism underlying the one-minute sketches each attached to others in a stream-like flows of imagines?
2) Can they after some observations set-up an idea of the world they inhabit?
3) What kind of laws they can possibly conceive?
4) Can they discover the actual laws of the universe (the laws of Nature that we know)?
5) If so, we have to think some kind of “Invariance of the laws of Nature”?