UPDATE -- go educate yourself --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEPcQ6sIOTY
note: being helpful is more important than anything else, please recommend in answers, comments, etc.
[ solved ] what's the word/idea that everything has to be tested by science for it to count as fact?
[ ] also the word/idea for anything i see and experience in the material-chemical universe as real?
[ solved ] also the word/idea that meaning in human-created languages changes over time? (don't make me have to cite chomsky, this is elementary and basic)
for example, if i see the earth as flat, that would count as 'real' ('fact' is also completely fine as meaning is based on context)
if science discovers the earth is not flat, that would count as the new 'fact'
- [ ] also what is the most leading edge and current method physicists and computer scientists use to try to find discoveries? (within the last 5 years or so)
for human language (not computational), there is absolutely no progress in human-created languages, just change
there's only progress in science
progress in aesthetics and what counts as valuable/beautiful is based on how someone feels, and would be known as a feeling of progress
for everything that can count as 'valuable/beautiful' (which is everything), for aspects that can currently be quantified, those will be based on data, and if felt, those would then ultimately/conclusively be based on how someone feels
- [ ] what's the word/idea closest to this?
this is the key distinction between
- facts and
- feelings, human-created values, all closely related human-created words
no beliefs or feelings ever needs to be 'justified', they only need to be 'felt'
the only test for what is fact is science
- what works in the material-chemical-digital universe
if X is likely to work, that's call probability
- [ ] please post in answer, comment, external link, etc.
key readings --