Thales of Miletus (c. 624 - c.546 BC) was a Presocratic Greek philosopher who used theories rather than mythologies to explain natural phenomena.
For information about Thales see the following:
- Curd, Patricia, "Presocratic Philosophy", The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Winter 2016 Edition), Edward N. Zalta (ed.), URL = https://plato.stanford.edu/archives/win2016/entries/presocratics/.
- O'Grady, Patricia, "Thales of Miletus (c. 620 B.C.E.—c. 546 B.C.E.)" Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy https://www.iep.utm.edu/thales/
- Wikipedia, "Intercept theorem" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercept_theorem
- Wikipedia, "Thales of Miletus" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thales_of_Miletus
- Wikipedia, "Thales theorem" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thales%27s_theorem