- My name is Andrew
- BS in Computer Science, Minors in Software Engineering and Audio Engineering
- Been working in the industry for over 10 years now; have done jobs in everything from web dev, to infrastructure, to middleware, to QA.
- Current job is a mishmash of operating multitenanted Kubernetes the Hard Way™ clusters, writing/maintaining tools to make interfacing with said clusters easier, and general server management with stuff like Terraform, Packer, Ansible, and Puppet.
- Most used language: Python
- Other langs: bash, Ruby, Go, jq (if awk counts as a language, then so does jq!)
- Daily driving a Mac but I do most development on Debian Linux with vim in a tmux session. I haven't upgraded my Sublime Text license. I open an IDE maybe twice a year. vim is love, vim is life.
- Have given a few tech talks of varying lengths, no public links though :(
Open Source Contributions
This is in order of how much code I contributed, the size of the project's userbase, and how impactful/lengthy the change was.
- packagecloud's Java client
- I can hold my own in GIMP, Audacity, OBS, and Adobe Premiere (which I loathe, but it's by far the best in class.)
- I can do fancy stuff in Excel, but I refuse to on principle.
- I have a makeshift recording studio in my apartment. What do you think the Audio Engineering minor was for?
- I occasionally make minor contributions to competitive gaming and speedrunning knowledge bases (discovering/proving tech, doing research on input values, making guides, that sort of thing.)
This user hasn’t posted yet.