Favorite unpopular positions:
- Genes think -- perhaps better than humans.
- Mathematics is the oldest branch of psychology.
- Time reverses all the time, you just can't notice.
- As a corollary humans are the cause of the second law of thermodynamics.
- 'Physical' has lost all meaning, and should be discarded as a category.
- The experience of consciousness in real time does not exist, and is made up after the fact.
- Ethics has no use for optimization problems. (Law and politics might, as optimizing goodness-of-fit to an ethics.)
- Real human goals evade structural domination, and optimization produces it.
- As a corollary, Kantian ethics is more natural to humans than utility-based ethics, for strictly genetic reasons.
- Monadology predicts relativistic time dilation.